Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Squelchy Wellie Time!

If you live in Britain, you don't need me to tell you that it's been a bit rainy of late. I feel so sorry for all those people who have had their houses flooded due to swollen rivers. The wellies I bought in the summer have well come in to their own. But you know, there is something very gratifying about splashing about in puddles. It is something that I used to do as a child, though then my wellies were thick, black rubbery ones, not the latest leopard skin pattern that now adorn my feet in the rain. And that sound, squelch, squelch, squelch, it's great, thick socks, no wet feet, lovely, who can resist a stomp in a deep puddle? Of course, there are no floods in Beckenham, or Penge, and Higgs Bottom is one floor in the air, so no fear of having to swill out torrents of unwanted water, it's a very comforting thought.

Higgs Bottom, it is the name of my new home in Beckenham, well, the name I have given it anyway. Higgs Bottom is also the working title of my new novel. Got to keep the old pen moving swiftly on, as they say. I'm very close to finishing it, though I know that is a dangerous thing to say.

Today I sent some of my work of to be considered for publication, ten poems written in Crete. If you're not in it, you can't win it, eh?

And now I'm about to paint my nails in readiness for a day out with my lovely daughter, tomorrow. My big move is on Friday, so we are going shopping for a few essentials: a kettle, an iron, an electric blanket... With Jack's birthday being next Monday, we have an action packed weekend coming up. On Friday I move into Higgs Bottom, on Saturday we shall have a family birthday tea, and on Sunday we are going into London to visit Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. I also have a ticket to see my favorite cellist at the Wigmore Hall, Steven Isserliss.

So, my friends, life for me is wonderful, even in the rain. And if it is not so wonderful for you, I do hope your suffering will be short lived. Take care all, bye for now,

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story