Sunday, October 13, 2013

Beckenham Ladies Choir Perform at Penge Congregational Church

It was indeed a grand night for singing, last night, at the Penge Congregational Church, where I joined the other ladies of the Beckenham Ladies Choir, to perform an Autumn Charity Concert.

The highlight of the evening, for me, and I am sure for most people, was the absolutely stunning performance of Chloe Meade, a seventeen year old violinist who played Slavonic Dance No2 in E minor - Dvorak in the first half of the programme, and treated us to It Ain't Necessarily So - Gerswin, in the second half.

Our conductor, Dorothy Webster Thomas, brought out the best in us, and Pam Robertson and Christian Strover were our accompanists on the piano.

All the profits from the concert will go to Beckenham Rotary chosen charities: Young Carers of Bromley, CASPA, Demeiza, Petts Wood Play Group, Phoenix, BAT, Maypole.

The next charity concert will be on Friday 13 December 2013 at 12.30 in St George's Church, High Street, Beckenham, and will be in aid of a local children't charity.

If you would like to join the Beckenham Ladies Choir, you will get further information by visiting this site:




And following that up, this morning, I played cello during the service at church. There was also a christening, so afterwards there was lots of cake and goodies. That lined our tums for a lunchtime pint in the Jolly Woodman, and then it was back to the luxury of central heating and a relaxing 'feet up' hour in front of the TV before both David and I buckled down to our writing again.

All in all, it has been a very pleasant weekend.

Now, I did promise a hint of what I got up to in Crete, so I hope this little video will give you a taster. I will put more photos up in the next few days.




Oh, I almost forgot, I went to Bromley market last Thursday and want to share some pictures that I took there. That's a job for tomorrow.

Have a good week readers, bye for now,
Love and Hugs,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story