Monday, October 21, 2013

Country Crafts Market Beckenham 0ctober 2013



Ah, shopping as it used to be! We were on our way to the supermarket, but couldn't resist the goodies at this special market which was being held on the green behind St George's Church, Beckenham.

It was all so jolly, especially with the music and the fair ground. I'm looking forward to the next craft market, especially as Christmas is just around the corner.

Not to rush things though, we have Halloween and Bonfire Night to celebrate before we start thinking about Christmas. I have to say that it is impossible to forget these two events as the shops are full of pumpkins, and spooky stuff to decorate the house with, and there are lots of firework displays being advertised, as well as fireworks being sold.

I hadn't realized until I read the info at the market on Saturday, that all of that green area behind the Parish Church, was bombed during the war. It apparently used to be full of banks and shops etc. After the war the area was cleared, and left as a park for the town.

I hope you all had a good weekend. I am gearing up for choir practice tonight, so I will go now and do a bit of tonsil flapping. Have a mighty melodious Monday!

Love and hugs,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story