Monday, September 9, 2013

Money in the Post!

Oh the joy of receiving! And the Joy of Giving!

How wonderful, I received payment for playing the organ in church. I get £15 every time I play. Now, my instinct is to say, no, keep the money, but the truth is I think the church already has a pot of money, in fact, I know it has, as meeting after meeting is called to discuss how to use their pot to benefit the community.

So, I have decided to donate a part of my music making money, to someone who is homeless, and I know there are plenty of those people. I remember when I failed miserably in business and ended up with no house, no car, no job and very little self respect. It's a bad place to be in, believe me. But what I did have, was a wonderful partner who loved me, two brilliant children who supported themselves, and most of all, a fantastic, (in the face of all our problems) positive attitude. So what! You know, there is one thing much worse than not having a roof over your head - death!



My mother died when she was 43 years old, I was then 21. There is nothing, more devastating than to lose someone you love, nothing. But you know what? Down, is down, but it's not out! David and I may not have had a home, we may not have had a job, but we had love, and were loved in return, and most of all, we were alive and knew we could build again. The last 20 years have been a bit like one of those electrical wire games, where you have to cautiously move a loop over a zig-zag of wire, and if you touch it the alarm goes off, and you have to start again. We have progressed three steps forward, two steps back. But after 20 years we have emerged, having achieved so much.


Now we live in a cozy flat, we can travel the world, we take holidays, I have taken up my music studies again, we have lots of friends and our family has increased by three grandchildren. We are alive, and for every breath we are grateful. I never want to have to live in a tent again, but I know there are lots of people, right now, who find themselves in that position. I've been there, and I know how it feels.

I believe that everyone can improve themselves, but only they can do it. And it may take time to get where you really want to be. The secret is to know where you want to be, and to never give up until you get there. And, you know what? The journey can be so much fun. There is always a positive side to any situation. You know how the song goes, 'Always look on the bright side of live.'

My immediate goal is to increase my confidence as a speaker, as for possessions, I want a modern flat, with a lovely fitted kitchen, a luxurious bathroom, and a balcony overlooking the lake. One big enough to have a piano. Of course, by then I will be traveling all over the world telling people how I achieved it all.
Anyway, I have decided to seek out someone at the beginning of their journey and share my good fortune.
I'll let you know how I go on, in my next blog post.



Now, did you know that Beckenham High Street is getting two new town signs and new street furniture, all thanks to the Town Centre Workiing Party chaired by Copers Cope Councillor, Michael Tickner. Not only that, but a Beckenham Heritage Trail will be launched with points of interest marked with special paving slabs. It is all being funded by a special capital grant from Conservative run Bromley Council. Hooray! Well done! That's action. I'm going to join a committee at Clock House Church to discuss, and if I have my way, ACT on their findings, as to how to make use of the building at Clock House, to benefit the community.

And if you want to improve your lot, take a look at how I'm improving mine. I've found a little secret that I'd love to share with you. It's working for me, and it's worked for thousands of other people all over the world. Take a look. Make things happen. I do.

Plan to Prosper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story