Monday, January 13, 2020

I'm Having a Jiganuary

Oh lovely, lovely January! It is so nice to be able to cosy up and do inside things,  like the jigsaw I was given as a Christmas present. It's years since I did a jigsaw, and I'm a bit rusty, but piece by piece it is coming together. The trouble is at this rate it won't be finished until next Christmas. So I am going to up the action, stay up a bit later every day, and see if I can finish it before the 1st of February. I do have other things to do.

Continuing my little experimental, words and music, project, I have completed another piece - Be Mine Tonight. Here it is for it's first airing. If nothing else I am having fun getting my fingers to work on the piano keys again. 


So, almost all the chocolate in the house has gone, just a tin of biscuits left to enjoy, and then it's back to the old 'if you don't buy it, you don't eat it,' regime. David and I took our first yomp of the new year, up Pilley hill, yesterday, and last night I could hardly walk. It shows how easy it is to stiffen up. I managed to put half a stone on over the holidays, not good. But we had a most delightful binge, so I'll take the bad with the good. 

I'm in pieces, bits and pieces! Jiganuary!



As for New Year resolutions, of course I want to read more, of course I want to write more, of course I want to play more cello, of course I want to fill my life with lovely experiences, but what doesn't get done, doesn't get done. I have made a good start, however, so it's onwards and upwards.

As for the world news, when wasn't it depressing? Trouble in Iran, a plane of almost 200 people shot out of the skies, and no end of unrest in the Middle East.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Prince Harry and Megan have up-skittled the Royal Family again, (just as things had gone quiet on the, Andrew scandal). 

As for our family, well...  suffice it to say, the first few weeks of 2020 have been as bumpy as a banana ride in the Bay of Biscay. (Enough said.) Not David and I, I hasten to add, we're coasting along like cruisers on a canal.

I'm busy putting a set together for the Barnsley Spoken Word Valentine's do, and I must say I'm really looking forward to that. It's on Sunday 16th Feb. at 4.00 p.m. The Old School House, Barnsley, if you fancy a coming along.

Now, back to my jigsaw, I'm on a mission.

Talk again very soon,
Cosy up and keep busy!
Love and hugs,
Jane x

P.S. And we've still got half a bottle of Baileys to finish off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story