Monday, October 28, 2019

Whacky Words and Scary Woman in Barnsley

Well, we had lots of fun on Sunday at the Tap and Brew in Hoyland. Higgs Bottom was well and truly launched, Scary Woman in Barnsley got it's first airing, we downed lots of beer and bubbly (not in the same glass) and got to know a few more Barnsley poets.

A big Thank You to all who came to listen, and all who came to join in the open mic session.

Onwards and upwards! Our next wordy do is on Sunday, at the Rockingham Centre in Hoyland at 6.00 p.m. when the new CD Our North will be launched. See you there all being well.

Pics of yesterday in Hoyland.

Whacky Lady at the launch of Higgs Bottom

It's all good practice

Guest Poet Pat Dale

A bit of Erotic poetry to set the mood.

So, that weekend came and went, after weeks of preparation, (not to mention preparing nibbles for the audience), and all went extremely well. We had an excellent open mic session, and now I'm looking forward to the next poet meet, which is next Sunday.

It was so good to see our North Yorkshire friends and be able to spend some time with them. We had a silly Saturday night in our shed, complete with fairy lights, electric heater and a bottle of Champagne. I actually cooked a chicken curry which was not half bad, according to those who ate it. I had a mushroom only version. Sunday lunch was down the Cock in Birdwell, which was excellent as it always is, and thereafter we hit the Tap and Brew, Hoyland.

I'm afraid the official photographer didn't take his job too seriously, so, sorry if you were there and didn't get a shot. 

I must catch up on a bit of reading now that the book launch is over, I'm in the middle of Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, and then I'll dive into the poetry again, I have so much unread stuff to catch up on. Then it will be back to the shed to get creative.

We had a few wet days last week, but yesterday and today have been what I call, a good drying day, a bit of wind and sunshine, and blue skies. Hopefully tomorrow should be more of the same so I think the walking boots may be coming out.

This morning David and I went down to the local doctor's surgery where we had our flu jab, and also a pneumonia jab, so it may or may not affect us, let's hope not, but we have a week to get over it.

Now is the time to start losing a few pounds in readiness for the Christmas binge, so it's no cider and no chocolate. I don't like the sound of that, but it's necessary if I want to wear the clothes I've got. I don't want to have to buy new ones because I'm trying to help the planet. My footprint is very good at the moment, no car, no flights, and no meat, so I'm doing my bit.

That's it then, it's 9 o'clock and time to watch Dublin Murders, so I'll say ta ta for now.

I'll be back next week with an account of our little do at the Rockingham Centre, Hoyland.

Love and Hugs,
Jane x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story