Thursday, November 8, 2018

Barnsley's Spoken Voices

What a wonderful evening was had by all at The Old School House, Barnsley, on 28th October to launch the Barnsley's Spoken Voices CD. Organised by Jethro Platts this event was very well attended and there is already a date for our next airing - 10th March 2019, at The Old School House. Meanwhile the CD is selling well, and at only £5 it is just the right price to give as a Christmas present. So, poetry buffs out there, contact Jeff Jethro Platts to purchase your copy.

The poem I recorded for the CD was A Dress That Never Fits Always Hangs in the Wardrobe. It is a poem which was published in The Dreamcatcher mag. last year. For the performance we (13 poets) were given 7 minutes, so I read my CD poem and a couple of others.

And get a load of these, my new performance boots, all ready for the Posh Penge reading on the 24th November. It's a Saturday afternoon event that I am doing with my friend Christine Pope, winner of the Penge Poetry Competition. 
Notice the purple theme going on - When I'm An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple - Jenny Joseph

So, what else is going on in this poet's life at the moment. MY BOILER'S ON THE BLINK and it's not funny when the hot water turns to cold water mid shower. I have found, however, that icy cold water does seem to leave my hair in better condition. There's always a plus side, eh?

It's definitely cosy up time in Birdwell, and the Art House in the garden, is not the place to be at the moment. Still I'm busy with words and music. I am going to play some Christmas Carols for the Alzheimer Group which meets in Barnsley Library, so that should be jolly.

David and I went to see the 'Queen' (check out this link it's the real thing) film, Bohemian Rhapsody, last Friday - it's fantastic!


I dare say, dear reader, you will be very busy over the next few weeks, getting ready for Christmas. Enjoy all the run up to the festivities, I know I will be getting into the spirit of things, there may be a few homemade presents flying around, I feel a bit of Blue Peter creativity coming on.

So, till next time, dear reader, keep warm, and keep safe,
Love and hugs,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story