Sunday, November 18, 2018

There Is An Old Poet Who's Going To Posh Pinge

Right! Let's get this show on the road. I'm so looking forward to our little do next Saturday in Penge. We all need the pick-me-up of a little laughter in these days of political unrest, so I hope you can spare an hour to recharge your fun batteries.

And if for any reason you can not come to see us on Saturday, please consider this: Christine and I are up for a repeat performance at another venue, so do get in touch if you think we are just what you are looking for to provide a couple of hours of entertainment, (I will post a video sample of our act). Just mail me at janesharp_creta@hotmail.com for information.





Now, what have I been up to in the past week? Well, never one to sit still for long, I attended a workshop with the famous Toria Garbutt, in Barnsley, and later joined her and a group of Barnsley poets in an open mic session. It was an inspirational afternoon, enjoyed by all, as you can see. By the way, the man lurking in the background is setting up for the musicians who followed on after the poetry, it was just an informal do, not the Albert Hall, but that's where Toria is this coming week.







So, next up is Penge. I've had my hair done, I've got my winter woolies ready for the cold weather that's forecast, and I've got my new boots. 

David and I went out for Sunday Lunch today, at the Cock Inn in Birdwell, it was absolutely scrumptious.  Then we had a lazy afternoon, and we are now going to settle down and watch Countryfile on the TV.  Our evening viewing is sorted, Doctor Who and The Little Drummer Girl, then it's an early night. My book at bedtime is The Muse by Jessie Burton, I've just started it and it beckons me on. I'll let you know what I think when I've finished it. And tomorrow I'm off to Meadowhall for a mooch around. 

Whatever you are up to, I hope you are happy and have good things to look forward to. Keep smiling, and don't let Brexit get you down. "Brexit, Brexit, will we stay or exit/When will Theresa May say up your bum to Juncker?" Well, that's what I think!

Love and Hugs,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story