Monday, February 24, 2020

BIRDWELL PAINTERS AND DECORATORS

The great cover up!
Hello Everyone from Birdwell Painters and Decorators,

Yes, the long awaited re-decoration of the living room is upon us. Even I braved the steps, paintbrush in hand, and together with David got stuck in. It will probably take us a few days to finish it, especially as we haven't yet bought the gloss paint for the cupboards etc, so watch out for pics of the finished thing. We settled on Misty White for the walls, with a very plush, navy blue with gold glints wallpaper for each side of what would have been the fireplace. David did all the scraping off of loose plaster and filling in job, while I sandpapered the paintwork and washed it all down - team work. I might even splash out and buy new curtains.

It has to get bad before it gets better
To be honest, the whole day was quite therapeutic, and I'm looking forward to another such, tomorrow.

As to what else I was occupied with last week, well - I set about writing a short story, which I have finished, and am rather pleased with. I also picked up a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone from Aldi £3.49 and am about half way through it. (And yes, I am enjoying it even though the print is a little small for my eyesight).

Actually, I've really overspent this week, what with wallpaper, paint, a new paint roller, etc not to mention a replenishment of my favourite night cream from Boots at £15 (on offer), and not forgetting my Harry Potter book. It looks like we may be on half-rations next week, still, that might be good for us.

Friday was a little breezy, but since when did the weather put us off our Friday date - Shed Night! 

Storm Dennis has certainly caused a lot of flooding, but we just got the wind -  nothing new there. I hope that you have been able to keep dry and have not suffered too much from the storms.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I uploaded a poem to BBC Sheffield, but don't seem to have had it accepted. I'm going to try again tomorrow. I've hit one of those, I don't really care who likes and who doesn't like what I write, because I'm quite happy just writing and painting, and humming to myself as I go about each day happily getting through life best I can, times. When I see all the stress, all the misery, all the unnecessary trials and tribulations of the world, I feel so lucky.

I did hear it was the Rhubarb Festival week last week, but even being so close the the Rhubarb capital of Britain, Wakefield, I was quite unaffected by any celebrations that may have been going on. 

It's Pancake Day tomorrow, that means it's Ash Wednesday, Petticoat Thursday and Kissing Friday - at least where I was brought up. And that can only mean that Lent is almost upon us. What shall I abstain from this year? I'll let you know my plan, next week.

Until next week then, have a stress free week if you can, eat lots of pancakes and enjoy the feast before the fast.

Bye for now,
Love and hugs,
Jane x

P.S.  David has come down with a terrible, snotty cold but he's soldiering on, Bless! Hope he doesn't give me it! And hope he leaves a bit of kitchen roll for the cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story