Saturday, February 20, 2021

Shedcast 7 on 19 02 2021 at 18 17 From pancakes to 'Perseverance'

Hello Everybody,

I hope you are all well and looking forward to the week ahead. I know I am because it will start on Monday with my Covid-19 vaccination, a good start to the week. As usual we enjoyed a lovely evening in our shed last night, ringing round family and friends, and making our little Shedcast, and here it is:




Painting project of the week - 'A Book Title' I chose 3 Men in a Boat, and this is what I produced:

3 Men in a Boat

I must say that I am pleased with the result, and again I learned such a lot in the painting of it. Another little success this week was the acceptance of 3 poems by the Hear My Voice organisation of Barnsley. One for the upcoming Anthology of Covid Poems, and a couple for an extended work to be available in the archives. So that put a smile on my face.

Tuesday was pancake day, hurray! I quickly beat up a batter for a tasty lunch, tossed pancakes with honey and lemon. I would normally have freshly squeezed orange juice on my pancakes, but our only option was lemon this year. Still, they were scrumptious, a real treat. 

The main news of the week, I think, is the landing of 'Perseverance' on Mars. It is a large vehicle that will drill into the surface of Mars and look for signs of microscopic life. It will also take loads of photos, some of which are already being sent back to Earth as we speak. What a great achievement! It has taken a month to reach Mars.

Royal News: Unfortunately, Prince Phillip has been taken into hospital, and as he is almost 100 years old, I am sure he is not too good. But, a world that can land on Mars, can surely keep Prince Philip from pain. I hope so and wish him well.

It was also announced this week that Prince Harry and his wife Meghan will no longer perform Royal Duties as they have opted to exit the family, and make an independent life of their own. On the one hand it is very sad to lose the young royals, but I am sure it is right for them, and I can't help thinking this is all a result of Princess Diana's death. For someone who lost their mother at an early age, I know full well that that pain never goes away.

But let's not get maudlin, the day is bright, and I've got a busy day ahead, plus I have got the joyous task of shopping on line for something new to wear - always a bit of a booster.

So, I'll finish here and get on with the day. As ever, David and I wish you all the best,
Keep smiling,
Love Jane and David x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story