Saturday, March 6, 2021

Shedcast 9 on 05 03 2021 - Let's Talk About Books

Hello Blogwatcher,

It has been a bit 'parky' this week, as they say in Yorkshire. In fact when David and I went out for our daily stroll, and wearing fingerless mitts, my finger ends went a waxy shade of pale and I thought how easy it must be to get frostbite. Luckily a bit of clenching and unclenching of the fist did the trick, but I was very glad to get home and into the warm. When we went up Pilley Hill a few days later it was a glorious day, the daffodils are coming out and there is a resplendent show of crocuses on a council verge just past Aldi's.

I have been doing a bit of poeting this week, I have writen a couple for the Shortland's Poetry Circle on the subject of trees, and I was inspired by the Lawrence Ferlanghetti poem, 'Waiting' to produce one of my own, 'Not Waiting'.

Painting: My painting of the week is 3 Men in a Cave (see it below). This week's subject is 'Open Choice' so I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do for that. And I hope the shed is a little warmer, though there is a splendid heater in there should I wish to be toasty.

So, here is the Shedcast from last night, would you believe I was drinking tonic water and not cider because I've had a bit of a dicky tummy of late. I went a whole week without alcohol, no wonder I'm not feeling up to par.



We decided to eat in the house last night where we could sit and watch the Grayson Perry Art Club show, I do love Grayson and Philippa Perry.
This is what I made for dinner but unfortunately I couldn't eat any of it. Never mind there is plenty left for the week ahead.
Friday Night Home Made Pizza

And David says these were the best scones I've ever made, well he would wouldn't he?




And this is my painting of the week, make of it what you will.


3 Men in a Cave

Thursday was World Book Day, so I am making a special effort to read at least one book before the end of March. I have embarked on The Daemon by Anthony Peake, A guide to your extraordinary secret self. So far it has definitely hooked me in. My only complaint is that the type is very small for my ageing eyes, I might have to get a magnifying glass. Anyway let's see how it goes.
The only other exciting thing that happened this week, apart from buying a new top on the internet, which was a surprisingly satisfying experience, it fits well and was a speedy delivery, was a flock of gold finches descending on our tree. There must have been at least 30 of them, flitting about, flashing bits of yellow, while we watched on from the bedroom window which is about tree top height.
You can see we are not living in the fast lane. Is anybody? Schools go back on Monday so we shall see how that affects the spread of the virus. I am full of hope for the summer.

That's all from us this week. Keep well, and keep smiling,
Love and hugs, 
Jane and David xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story