Sunday, July 11, 2021

One Hell of a Week - The Run up to Jane's 70th Birthday Party

 Greetings from a very bog-eyed blogger today. It's been a hell of a week. Monday David went down, by bus, to visit our daughter Jo and Grandson Jack in Penge. His return ticket was booked for Wednesday. On Tuesday he had to take Jo to the doctor's who sent her straight to hospital. David drove her in her car. There were hours of waiting about in A&E before she was finally admitted to the surgical ward. Of course I was worried to death, and David was too. He knew he would not get back on Wednesday, so re-booked for Thursday. He did make himself useful at Jo's house, by taking a cupboard off the kitchen wall to make room for her new fridge.

Meanwhile, I set too to tart up our house ready for my party at the weekend. I began to paint the kitchen cupboards, Monday and Tuesday sorted, and the result, a gleaming kitchen. 

All plans in limbo, we waited for Jo to have scans, tests, etc etc - and after two days of worry, she was sent home and told to rest. I really thought it best for her not to make the journey north for my birthday, but she insisted. 

I spent all day Thursday cleaning, baking, making beds, and generally making ready for, not only Jo to be comfortable, but for our grandson Jack and his girlfriend, Jess, to be accommodated. And then I did a quick 3 mile walk to go towards my 100 mile walk in July for Barnsley Hospice.

David arrived home late on Thursday night and we were up at the crack of dawn to mow the lawn, and make the garden lovely for our guests to sit out and relax. By this time I was more tired than a long distance runner, but I was ready for the celebrations to begin, (almost).

We still had the meat to buy for the barbecue, and trifles to make, and the tent to erect at the bottom of the garden. I can tell you, by the time we picked the kids up at Doncaster station on Friday morning, I had had a week of work out, and was reaching for the vitamin pills.

Let the celebrations commence! So, here are the photo of my birthday weekend, which was awesome. Thanks to my wonderful family the memory of my 70th birthday will be a delight I can look back on for as long as my mind allows. 































We had such a brilliant family get together after almost two years of separation due to the pandemic. It was so good to have all the grandchildren (though not children any more) together, and we laughed and gossiped into the evening. 

Jo, Jack and Jess have gone back to London, the David, Tracy, Star, Jade and Norbert are at home just down the road in Worsbrough Dale. It is 7.22p.m. on Sunday 11th July, and David and I are just about to settle down with a glass of wine to watch England v Spain in the 2020 Euro's Football championship. Though we are no longer together I know that every member of my family are going to be doing the same thing tonight, as, most likey, are you.

So here is hoping England win the match, and 'Football is Coming Home'. I have to go now, it is a great way to end my 70th Birthday weekend.

Lots of love to all, keep well and keep smiling. 

Jane and David xx

p.s. AND THERE WAS A GUEST IN THE SHED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT'S SHEDCAST


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story